Monday

Let the countdown begin

For many today is a day they share with the special Valentine.. for me it's the day I received my flight information and staging papers for the Peace Corps. I depart for Washington, DC exactly one month from today then leave for Albania March 15th. We fly DC to Munich, Munich to Tirana. I have a lot of mixed feelings about leaving, probably because I feel like I still have so much to do. Staging it looks like will be a brief overview of exactly what the Peace Corps is and what is expected of the PCV's. Tomorrow, I'm taking my final road-trip to Raleigh to visit with all my friends that still live there! I'm going to be able to catch the Peace/Meredith game, the Senior Game and two of my friends birthdays, I think it will be a great last trip before I leave..

(Dad, Coach Johnson, Me, Momma on Senior Day)
I can't believe my Senior Day was a year ago, time has flown by.. It seems like just yesterday I was playing my last basketball game.. I just booked my flight with SATO travel from Raleigh, NC to Washington DC for March 14th.. My flight leaves out at 8:20am and I arrive in DC at 9:30.. Staging starts at 12:00.. hopefully I have all of the paper work and things I need to be prepared for staging. Everything finally feels real and not like it's never going to happen. Finally having my flights scheduled and a determined date on when I'm leaving is finally making it sink in that I only have 4 more weeks left in the states. Looks like its about time to say goodbye to sweet Ol' North Carolina and hello to Eastern Europe..