Saturday

Juicebox Fridays...

This is Eric's last week in town before he goes on a 2 month excursion through Asia to make his way back around the world to L.A. so we're just enjoying the good weather together by drinking juiceboxes on his stoop. Usually transitions are weird and seem to go on for too long when you're in them but when you look back on them it's hard to remember. Living with these two guys for the past two years has literally helped me survive this experience and without them I'm not sure I would have made it and now we're about to get spread back across America, where we began, on to the next chapter in our lives. While they're looking for jobs and I'm on to grad school we're right back in the same position we were two years ago; starting over, meeting new people, making new friends.

Sometimes I feel like I like to restart every now and again to keep things interesting. I remember when I was telling people that I was going to the Peace Corps and their response was "well who are you going with?" and when I answered with that I was going by myself they were dumbfounded. Except to me it didn't seem too weird. I started highs chool not knowing anyone, I went to college not knowing anyone, this was just kind of the same thing, except in a country where I didn't speak the language and that I'd never been to.

This is us and our favorite store owner, he's literally fed us
for two years. He also likes to play fight with Eric and hit him with things.