Saturday

Boys will be boys...

I really actually hate that saying.. But that song is playing by Gloira Estefan (bad bad bad boys, you make me feel so good) while I sit in Bar Amerika as the only woman in a room full of about 50+ men waiting to meet the mayor of Kukes which is kind of stressful in general because I don't know what he looks like and I think he walks in every time the door opens (okay, run on sentence stream of thought done). I hope I get to work with him, he wants some design work for the region and speaks English which is always a plus during business meetings here. Here's another saying that's applicable in this situation "walking into a room and feeling like everyone is talking about you" but this isn't just a feeling, it's reality. Being the only woman (and foreign and on my laptop) here of course I'm the center of curiosity. And the fact I can actually also hear them talking about me because they assume I don't speak any Shqip. I've gotten used to this and it actually doesn't bother me that much anymore but since I was throwing out sayings I thought it was appropriate.. Any who, This weekend I'm attended a seminar on CSS and web maintenance for the new Bashkia website of Bajram Curri.. learning CSS in a different language is actually kind of easier than I found it in college.