Wednesday

When in Rome...

Here I sit again, different town, different hotel, still the same wireless internet provider, still the only female in the bar. Except this bar/hotel/restaurant has become somewhat like a second home to me in Bajram Curri. Hotel Vllaznimi or "Hotel Brotherhood" is probably my most frequented establishment in my small little mountain town. I think at first it was because it was the only place with wireless internet but now it's because the wait staff and owner are my friends and I feel really comfortable passing the time here. I've been living in Albania now for 8 months (just thought I'd throw that out there). Oh, something else I thought I'd just throw out there, I haven't taken a shower in 5 days. Don't judge. I have no hot water and my bathroom is probably the coldest place in my apartment. Every time I go to Kukes I take a shower, Emily makes sure to have her water tank full for me. I'm leaving for Rome tomorrow and I'm so incredibly excited. I am honestly kind of nervous to be around "straight off the plane Americans" as we've started calling them, or SOP for short.. Are they going to think I'm weird? Am I going to think they're weird? Or are we just going to be so in awe of being in Rome to not give a crap and enjoy the city. Probably the latter of the three. Tourist here just get on my nerves in Bajram Curri because everyone wants us to take care of them, and now, I revert back to being one, which I have no problem doing in Rome. When in Rome... be a tourist. I got my overnight pack and everything. Lets do this.