Friday

Shumë shumë të zënë në Prill..

Very very busy in April.

There's this constant feeling of being bored and feeling like I'm not doing anything paired with feeling overwhelmed and stretched thin at work. Sometimes I feel like all I do is hang out at and drink coffee but when I reflect on my week I was busy as hell. When I look at my calendar I have something planned every weekend, after Easter, in April. Next weekend I go down and talk to the trainees in Elbasan, the weekend after that is the Flash Mob in Tirana to bring awareness to the national 'Clean Albania in 1 Day' campaign, the week after that I go back to Elbasan for a C.O.D. panel for the new volunteers in my sector.. then my Dad gets here! Talk about staying busy to pass the time until that happens! It will be the first time in over a year that I've seen anyone from my family and I'm overly excited.

Now, that's just what I'm committed to outside of Bajram Curri. My projects in Bajram Curri currently consist of translating and designing menus for hotel Vllaznimi for the upcoming tourist season, building the new Baskhia website, waiting for the grant money to rebuild the basketball courts, visiting all the lokals and hotels in the town and gathering information and promoting the tourist website and possibility of menus, designing the logo for a village komuna... Well that's all I can think of right now but it's enough.

Easter is this weekend. Last year for Easter I went to Elbasan with a few other trainees and we found the Orthodox Church to go to and hang out for a while, since there was no service. This year, I'm not quite sure what to do but take the day to myself and reflect. Holidays loose a huge part of what makes them special here since you're not with your family or loved ones to celebrate and enjoy them together. We had a good ol' fashioned Easter egg hunt in my apartment last night (thanks to Garrett) with candy and plastic eggs that his family sent in a package. Since we all know what it feels like to be away from our family and friends it's nice to do little things like that that remind us of our life before this entire experience.