Sunday

Ta Pastrojmë Shqipërinë në Ditë, flash mob!...

So last weekend we had Albania's first ever flash mob! We teamed up with Greenline Albania and Let's Do It Albania to produce Albania's first ever flash mob, or smart mob (since it has a reason or something to promote). After months and months of planning it all came together and we had almost 200 participates in the flash mob, Americans and Albanians alike.

I, unlike the rest of the flash mob participants didn't have to learn the dance because, like usual, I was in charge of recording! We had a team of 6 PCV's at all different angles around the flash mob recording every second of the event so that we could create one YouTube video to use for further promotion of the clean-up day in Albania! Other PCV's have started joking that I'm a "mobile marketing firm."

I had my tripod and flipcam set up on the fourth floor of the Taiwan Center in Tirana so I could get a good areal view of the entire event and it literally gave me chills watching it. Working with such a huge NGO in Albania and having such a large event on Earth Day is a huge success for Peace Corps and for Albania. The original date had to change for the clean-up day because a government mandated one was set for April 20th, so now the date has been set to September 17th. Lets do it!