Wednesday

Last few days in Bajram Curri..

I feel like I just had my going away party for coming to the Peace Corps and now I'm going to going away parties for leaving Albania. It's so surreal that I've lived for two years in Bajram Curri. While some days were long, these past two years have flown by. I have successfully lived and worked in a foreign country, learned the local language, integrated into a community of only 3,000 people and I'm truly impressed with some of the things I've been able to accomplish. A lot of those things are relationships I've gained with Albanians and Americans a like. Without the friendships and support from my community I'm not sure I would have been able to make it. While going back to the states is borderline terrifying I think it's time. You go into something like the Peace Corps knowing that it has a timeline and your experience will only last for two years which makes it easier to prepare. I have two days left in the Bashkia and will be leaving Bajram Curri on Monday with Garrett to go down to Tirana. He leaves this week but I'll be traveling around Albania for a week before Emily gets here to go on our trip. I'm really glad I decided to do a little more exploring before going home, I think it will be a good transition time. We'll be going to 8 countries in two weeks, a whirl wind for sure, but traveling to places I've never been before is one of my favorite things to do.