Thursday

A meal fit for...

…two American’s living in the mountains of Albania.  Last night, Eric and I made the equivalent of a Waffle House meal. Hash-browns, shelf-milk and of course, ketchup. The shelf-milk really made the meal because I had no idea how much I was craving the milk…probably the calcium.

Shelf milk eshte shume mire.
After two weeks in Bajram Curri I feel myself actually getting into a routine, which is nice. Right now, work in the Bashkia is slow because they’re transitioning from their current mayor to another mayor. S’ka problem, sepse unë kam shumë shumë punë takoj shumë Shqiptarë në Bajram Curri. I have met a lot of the community members and have started trying to integrate into the community as well as I can. I think meeting people and understanding the community here before I try to help or work is probably a good idea because it will help me understand more on what they need or want as a community.

Most of my meals at home look something similar to this...
So far I really like living here. A lot has to do with the beautiful run I take almost everyday into the Albanian Alps to the base of the Valbona River. Everytime I go down there I expect it to be gone or something because it’s almost too beautiful to be true. I’ve also been playing basketball a few days a week and it’s awesome. I never expected to be playing basketball that much in my community and I don’t hate it one bit. My bed is still one of the most comfortable places I’ve been in Albania, aka I sleep pretty dang good. The Turkish toilet isn’t as big of an issue as I thought it would be…it’s scarier than it looks.