Thursday

52 centimeters of snow and counting..

Which is a little over a 1.5 feet, for those still on the metric system. Who am I kidding, I used my phone's converter to figure out how much it was today after the engineer measured. Its snowing all over Albania this week and I don't think we got the most out of everyone but we got enough. I've never been in this snow before in my life.. almost two feet? Okay, maybe when I was 8 during that huge ice and snow storm we had that one time. I mean, it's so different when you don't have a car, can walk to work, don't have centralized heating, hot water, are used to the power going out.. I mean the idea of a 'snow day' doesn't really exist. Everyone runs late anyways, the people in the villages get to run a little more late than everyone today, I guess that's a plus. School only went half a day today and is called off tomorrow because a lot of the kids come from villages by furgon and the roads are the best.

So for all of you stateside, enjoying that nice 18 degree weather, wishing that you had more of a winter.. just remember me, sitting in my apartment with my wood stove on, my water pipes frozen, three layers, handwarmers and 4 blankets on. Yeah, thats 65 degrees fahrenheit.