Tuesday

The Mystery Burger


So, Albania doesn’t have any sort of copyright law. This means there are “Raybans” and “Nike shoes” everywhere for some how really cheap. McDonalds has not made its way to Albania yet, partially because of the copyright issue. So we get this, “Mystery Burger.” Hopefully it’s something that got lost in translation. And no, I have not eaten there… but I will… at least once.

Side note: My site-mate Corey is getting 5 chickens for his birthday and his host family is having us over for dinner. Live chickens. He is going to prepare them for dinner. I have had still some sort of an ignorant bliss about not witnessing the preparation of the meat (my family are vegetable farmers and we get the raw meat delivered to our house from a neighbor) in Albania, even though I’ve known enough not to name my neighbors chickens or get too attached to the lambs… but this is definitely going to be an experience.