Thursday

"Running around like a chicken with their head cut off"



This phrase has really been brought to a different level for me after today. Coach  Johnson would always say this phrase when we were getting our butt kicked in a game or a random day in practice when someone wasn’t paying that close of attention… But today… I witnessed a chicken running around with their head cut off.. the head that I cut off. I actually  cut off the head of a chicken, watched someone gut it (I couldn’t bring myself to doing that) and then prepared it and ate it for dinner. I have found a new meaning to a lot of phrases that people in the states just throw around, but today it was “running around like a chicken with your head cut off.”

It was my site mates 23rd birthday and he requested to kill a chicken and prepare it for his birthday. Little did we know (that Albanian hospitality) that his host family was going to get 5 chickens. He killed two of them, I killed one and Alex T. killed another. As you can see, it didn’t go as smoothly as planned.