Thursday

Crazy girl


Tonight I got my first taste of how much people in Shqiperia really care about what others think and how important reputations are, especially in my host family. I feel like I’m finally connecting with my host family…and I say finally but it has seriously only been three days. So much has happened since I’ve been here I feel like I’ve been here for months but the days go by so quickly. Anywho, I was joking around with my host sisters and me and the youngest started to make animals noises, honestly because I think we were both exhausted from trying to figure out every little thing the other was saying. I called her a crazy girl, crazy girl and we laughed until we were all crying (that is one thing that carries on between any language). I joked and joked and then her and her mother both got really serious and after 15 minutes of translating I figured out that they were asking me to not call her ‘crazy girl’ at school (we go to the same school) because people would get the wrong impression. We pinky promised (because apparently that crosses languages as well) that I wouldn’t say crazy girl to her at school.