Friday

Një Di Tre Katër Pesë Gjashtë Shtatë Tetë Nëntë Dhjet (1-10)

John and Lauren practicing their conversation skills in Elbasan.

Yesterday we learned how to count to 20 in Albanian and learned common phrases like "Hello" "Good afternoon" " How are you" etc. It felt good just to get started and actually dive into the language. I feel like the teachers are really in tuned to us learning and being productive with the language which is very comforting. The numbers 11-19 are seriously about 5 syllables a piece which is quite difficult but easy once you catch onto them.

My roommate Casey and I right off the plane in Elbasan.
I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about go to my host family tomorrow since I feel like other PCT's are my family right now. I feel like the friends that I've made will definatley be a strong support system throughout this experience since they  going to some of the same trials as I am. I think PC knows what they're doing when they don't just drop us off at a host families house and give us a chance to bound with our group.

A Greek salad at dinner.

I feel like they are feeding us sooooooo much. Everything here is very tasty! We have french fries with almost every meal which I did not expect. The only thing missing is the ketchup! Meat, kabobs, pasta with ham, boiled eggs, sides of Greek yogurt and some sort of potato salad are somethings that have frequented our dinner tables.

Tonight they have a planned Disco for the volunteers last night together. I'll probably be able to post one more time before I go to my host family then I'm not sure about the internet connection in the town but I will be back in Elbasan 4 times a week for language training.