Wednesday

The Perfect Night




Almost every single person that I love and that has made an impact on my life in a positive way was in one place at one time. How could it not be a good night. I can't believe all the love and support I received at my "Shrimp and Suds" going away party at my Aunt Shell's house.

My friends from high school, my friends and teammates from college, a high school teacher, my great aunt Peggy, my friends parents, my mom & step mom, my aunts friends and relatives, my mom's best friends.. we're all there to show their love and support for my decision to leave for the Peace Corps for 27 months.
A lot of tears were shed and a lot of laughs were shared but I could not have asked for a better going away party with my friends and family. All the people I love will probably never be in the same place at the same time ever again in my life and I was so blessed to have such a great send-off party.

My best friend Lanner made a donation in my name to the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) to adopt a Pygmy Elephant. It was one of the most thoughtful and perfect gifts I have ever received. We decided to name the elephant Branner (Brenna + Lanner).



My best friend Lanner said oh she's just being Brennnna.



"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
This quote was in a card that one of my closest friends Megan gave me.



"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do!"
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

This quote was on the front of a card that Heenan gave me with a journal that she had special ordered with her favorite quote on the front of it.


"I'm not good at good-byes, so let's just pretend we're playing hide and seek"
was on the front of a card given to me by Margaret who will be married next time I see her, crazy.


"Congratulations, today is your day, you're off to great places, you're off and away"
was the Dr. Suess quote read aloud on my "Oh the Places You'll Go" card I received from my favorite high school teacher Mrs. Southers and my great Aunt Peggy.