Tuesday

Training in DC

Training went well in DC. My flight arrived around 9:10am in DC and after I stood at the shuttle for 20 minutes finally someone came by and informed me I actually needed a shuttle ticket to take a shuttle, go figure. I arrived to the Holiday Inn in Georgetown, some how got my bags into the room and took a second to myself to realize I was actually on my way to becoming a Peace Corps Volunteer.

My roommate came in less than an hour after me, she's a University of Illionis graduate and in the C.O.D. program as well (we realize that's how they roomed people together). I finally feel reassured that I'm making the right decision because everyone here has made the same decision that I have for various reasons.. but we're all here for the same reason.

After training we all decided to go out for Indian food in Georgetown and we all got to bond more as we talked over beer and amazing Indian food. We explored Georgetown and got to know our fellow Peace Corps family a little more as we went further into the night.

Tomorrow we plan on doing some DC site seeing before we check out of the hotel at 2pm to catch our flight out of Dulles to Munich. We're supposed to arrive in Albania on Wednesday around 2pm.

Pictures I took in Georgetown