Thursday

Mexico, Japan…Shqiperia?


Right now, I basically feel like I’m studying abroad…. with one exception, I don’t have to finance anything.  We’re in class 6 days a week, 5-7 hours a day, studying culture, integration strategies, learning about our field (mines C.O.D. (Community and Organization Development)), learning about Albanian history… I mean I could go on but it’s amazing all that I’ve absorbed by just being here for just a week. I feel like I’ve been here for months already from all the knowledge I’ve gained so far but I’m sure once it becomes routine I wont feel so over-whelmed with knowledge... oh and there’s that learning/understanding the language thing too. Today we have our first meeting with C.O.D. representative to try and get a feel of what we're actually going to be doing here, even though its going to vary person to person and site to site.


My host families home in Bishqem.