Saturday

Just another day in the neighborhood



 Melia and myself outside our school in Bishqem

This morning we met the Pajove group for coffee and had our first C.O.D. meeting about what we wanted to implement in this community, kind of like a trial run for work, while we’re here. I think we decided on some sort of Bishqem/Pajove Soccer Tournament or something for community involvement. This will be a project through out our 10 weeks in the communities and is supposed to help prepare us for the projects we will be doing once we’re sworn in.


 Tonight we celebrated…actually I’m not sure what we celebrated but we had a special pie called “byrek” which can be made with lots of sorts of vegetables (ours was spinach), it kind of reminded me of Baklava. The tradition is the person who makes it puts a coin piece of Leke in it and who ever gets it in their piece is supposed to have good luck. We didn’t practice that part of the celebration because my host-brother picked it out before we were served haha.

Oh and incase you were wondering, Monte Kristo killed 3 people tonight… just after hot-tubbing with blonde beauties while he drank scotch from the bottle and smoked cigars.  Such a bad, bad, bad man. I do think it’s helping me with my Shqipe though.. watching the subtitles can’t hurt right? Tomorrow we go to Elbasan. Last time we had to pay extra because we went past five and the furgons stop running around that time.